In honour of the late Peter Langworthy, HVIA Past President and Industry leader, the Future Leader Award is in recognition of Peter’s long-standing commitment to the mentoring of young people and supporting their development to leadership roles.
As part of HVIA’s ongoing commitment towards excellence and the advancement of our future industry leaders, the Peter Langworthy Future Leader Award acknowledges young people who have recently graduated from an Apprenticeship and have demonstrated outstanding leadership within their organisations and/or the industry.
These future leaders inspire a culture of achievement and improvement for those around them and are skilled at empowering and collaborating with others to achieve successful outcomes.
The Peter Langworthy Future Leader Award is an employer nominated award. To meet the Award criteria, the nominee must:
- Be employed by a financial HVIA member company;
- Completed at a minimum, a nationally accredited Certificate 3 automotive qualification relevant to the heavy vehicle industry;
- Have demonstrated leadership within the workplace with an ability to inspire and encourage their colleagues;
- Have the right attitude – dedicated, motivated and team-oriented
- Have made an outstanding contribution to the organisation or industry in which they are employed.
Nomination Submission Questions
- Please provide a short biography of the nominee and provide an overview on what makes this person an outstanding candidate for this award. (Nominator 200 words max.)
- Explain how the nominee has demonstrated self-motivated leadership in their particular field/role. Provide examples of leadership activities and how the workplace has benefitted. (Nominator 200 words max.)
- Has the nominee supported the development of teams and peers they work closely with? Provide examples. (Nominator 200 words max.)
- Has the nominee supported the development and success of their employer’s organisation or the broader industry? Provide examples. (Nominator 200 words max.)
- The Nominee to describe their career goals and their intended aspirations if successful in winning the Peter Langworthy Future Leader Award (Nominee to answer this question, 200 words max.)
The HVIA Board will in the first instance be the initial judging panel. A sub-group of the Board will make the final decision. A member of the Langworthy family will be invited onto the judging panel.
The Peter Langworthy Future Leader Award is a national award. The winner will be announced at the HVIA Gala Awards Dinner held in Brisbane on Friday 20th November 2020.
The award winner will receive a certificate, recognised by HVIA at the Gala Awards Dinner and their name will be publicised in all available platforms, including an editorial in one of Bauer Media Group’s magazines.
Nominations are now closed.
HVIA National Awards news
16 October 20
HVIA’s Community Leadership Award recognises Members which have engaged positively with the community either directly by undertaking community engagement, education, or some other community support initiative, or indirectly, whereby the community gains a benefit from a new innovation with tangible community benefits.READ MORE
3 August 20
In honour of Peter Langworthy, HVIA Past President and industry leader, the Future Leader Award is in recognition of Peter’s long-standing commitment to the mentoring of young people and supporting their development to leadership roles.READ MORE
20 July 20
HVIA’s Safety Innovation Award is a dual stream award that recognises members who have implemented a new product or system in their workplace, which has made that site or their business safer. The award also recognises members who have designed or manufactured a piece of equipment, component, technology or another safety solution that makes the heavy vehicle industry safer.READ MORE
15 July 20
The Product Innovation Award recognises HVIA members who have designed and utilised new technology or built an innovative product to address the growing road freight task. The award recognises products and services that provide innovative technological solutions for new and existing market needs.READ MORE
19 November 19
The heavy vehicle industry’s appetite for innovation was quenched at the 2019 HVIA Gala Awards Dinner held at South Brisbane’s Emporium Hotel on Friday night.
Assistant Minister for Road Safety and Freight Transport Scott Buchholz MP praised the quality nominations competing for HVIA’s suite of awards.
22 October 18
Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia celebrated its Southern Region Awards event on Friday night, including the inaugural presentation of three new awards.
Against a stunning backdrop across Docklands to Port Phillip Bay, the cocktail event was presented by HVIA key partner National Transport Insurance and TruckAssist, at the Victorian headquarters of HVIA insights partner, KPMG.
Special …READ MORE
11 July 18
The Australian heavy vehicle industry’s capacity to provide innovative solutions for the road transport task will be acknowledged and celebrated by the industry’s national association, Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) with a suite of leadership and innovation awards launched today.
HVIA Chairman Nathan Usher says the new awards reinforce and uphold HVIA’s vision of an …READ MORE