Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) agrees to comply with the Privacy Act 1988, as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 including the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) in all interactions with members, members of the public, contractors and service providers of HVIA.
The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the APPs may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
The kind of personal information HVIA may hold is:
- Details of name, business, position title
- Address details
- Phone and electronic contact details
- Commercially relevant information
Any information given pursuant to the documents lodged could be deemed personal information and accordingly is governed by the Privacy Legislation.
Any information lodged with HVIA will remain confidential at all times except for disclosure which you may have consented to or which is otherwise required by law.
You need not give us any of the personal information requested in any document or communication relating to this matter. However, without this information, we may not be able to provide to you the services in relation to the conducting and organising of the show or other services provided under this transaction or provides you with an appropriate level of service.
In most cases, you are able to gain access to personal information held by us about you on request and ask us to correct it if you believe it is incorrect or out of date.
HVIA will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
HVIA may use direct marketing to communicate to members, stakeholders and interested parties for the purposes of:
- Promoting an upcoming HVIA organised event or meeting including, but not limited to, the Brisbane Truck Show, Conferences, State Committee Meetings, Executive Club, Golf Day, Awards Night and Networking and/or Information Sessions.
- Providing information about current industry issues or critical technical issues where comment may be required.
In all instances HVIA will provide the recipient with a means to opt out of the direct marketing campaign.
How Personal Information is collected and held
HVIA collects your personal information, and that of other members, stakeholders and interested parties, through your interactions and transactions with us.
- Being an attendee, delegate, exhibitor or participant at the Brisbane Truck Show or HVIA organised events and meetings
- Applying for membership using the HVIA application form
- Being an attendee, delegate, exhibitor or participant at non-HVIA events or meetings that HVIA staff attend
- Through face to face or electronic consultations
- Nominating for a HVIA industry award
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
Use of Outside Services
Occasionally, HVIA contracts out services to a third party, which carries out work that cannot be performed by HVIA at our premises. The type of personal information that may be given to these companies is:
- Details required for production of printed material
- Details required for the distribution of electronic newsletters
- Personal and financial information required to enable a transaction to take place between the person and the HVIA
- Details provided by members or associated groups or individuals provided for the purpose of achieving public recognition, marketing or advertising by appearing in media distributed by or supported by the HVIA
Third Party Promotions
HVIA may provide contact details of attendees of HVIA events to event sponsors to enable them to contact the attendees or forward information to them about their services and products.
HVIA does not disclose the personal information it holds to overseas recipients.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
HVIA will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
PO Box 3080 Darra Qld 4076
07 3376 6266
Evaluation and Review
This Policy will be regularly reviewed as directed by the HVIA Board of Directors.