HVIA’s State Committees are a regular interactive forum to:
- inform members on current and emerging issues and opportunities,
- tap into the views of our membership
- get together with your peers
If you cannot get to a meeting, we welcome thoughts on the issues beforehand via email or phone.
When are meetings held?
State Committee meetings are advertised in the Event section of this website, in HVIA’s weekly newsletter Talk the Torque and notice is sent directly to registered member contacts.
- WA: Wednesday 25 May | 9.00am – midday
- QLD: Friday 27 May | 9.00am – midday
- NSW: Wednesday 1 June | 9.00am – midday
- VIC: Thursday 9 June | 9.00am – midday
- NSW: Wednesday 24 August | 9.00am – midday
- QLD: Friday 26 August | 9.00am – midday
- WA: Wednesday 31 August | 9.00am – midday
- VIC: Thursday 1 September | 9.00am – midday
- QLD: Tuesday 29 November | 9.00am – midday
- WA: Wednesday 30 November | 9.00am – midday
- NSW: Thursday 1 December | 9.00am – midday
- VIC: Wednesday 7 December | 9.00am – midday
Contact your HVIA membership representative or our Policy team to ensure you are receiving notification and access to agendas, minutes and other key documents.
State Committee News
7 December 21
This is a special recording of the December 2021 HVIA State Committee meeting as the live stream experienced technical difficulties.READ MORE
4 August 21
HVIA Chief Executive Todd Hacking provides an update ahead of the August round of State Committee meetings, written from lockdown in Brisbane.READ MORE
23 June 21
HVIA has settled on its position on proposed changes to Australian Design Rules governing vehicle width.READ MORE
9 June 21
HVIA State Committees are considering proposed changes to Australian Design Rules (ADR) governing vehicle width.READ MORE
17 February 21
Agendas for 2021’s first round of HVIA State Committee meetings are now available with a broad range of issues and information on the table.READ MORE
25 November 20
Attendees of HVIA’s State Committee meetings will have the opportunity to inform HVIA’s submission to the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) Review with the meetings kicking off in Brisbane tomorrow.READ MORE
30 October 19
A refreshing dose of Government/industry cooperation has seen the roll over to ADR 38/05 back on track in the face of encroaching deadlines.READ MORE
6 March 19
HVIA’s new President, John Drake has wasted no time in implementing the Board’s vision by announcing new State Committees in Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales to commence later this month.
Mr Drake says he is a firm believer in collaboration.
“I know – like my company – our members have strong views on topics …READ MORE