Sponsored by Warby Tools
HVIA’s National Apprentice of the Year Award has been acknowledging outstanding apprentices for over 35 years.
The award is to an individual who has demonstrated advanced ability as they undergo their apprenticeship in a discipline relation to heavy vehicle repair, service or the manufacturing sector.
In addition, to the title, the Apprentice of the Year is invited to attend the Brisbane Truck Show including all flights, accommodation and expenses.
The National Apprentice of the Year Award is an employer nominated award. To meet the Award criteria, the nominee must:
- Be employed by a HVIA member, which is current in their members’ dues;
- Employees working in wholly owned branches and subsidiary companies of the HVIA primary member can nominate;
- Be in the final stage of their apprenticeship
- Has been or will be signed off in the 2020 calendar year; or
- Will complete all their formal training in the 2020 calendar year
- Be able to address the judging criteria; and
- The nomination must be signed off by a senior manager of the Member company.
Nomination Submission Questions
- Why are you nominating your apprentice for this award? Please feel free to provide any background information of the nominee. (Nominator. 200 words max.)
- Please provide an example(s) of how the nominee has demonstrated the highest level of technical aptitude? (Nominator. 200 words max.)
- Please describe the nominee’s interactions with other employees? (Nominator. 200 words max.)
- Please outline how the nominee displays the right mental attitude in the workplace? including enthusiasm, learning, listening to others, being punctual, respectful, responsible and reliable. (Nominator. 200 words max.)
- What is the nominee’s career goals and ambitions? (Nominee to answer this question). 200 words max.)
Nominees are encouraged to accompany their submission with a video, photos or other supporting material, which assists in answering the above questions to assist the judging panel.
Judging Criteria Weighting
- Technical Ability (20)
- Attitude (10)
- Relationships with others (10)
- Career goals and ambitions (10)
- TOTAL 50 points
The winner will be announced at the HVIA Gala Awards Dinner held in Brisbane on Friday 20th November 2020.
The award winner will receive a certificate, recognised by HVIA at the Gala Awards Dinner and their name will be publicised in all available platforms, including an editorial in one of Bauer Media Group’s magazines.
Nominations are now closed.
HVIA National Awards news
16 October 20
HVIA’s Community Leadership Award recognises Members which have engaged positively with the community either directly by undertaking community engagement, education, or some other community support initiative, or indirectly, whereby the community gains a benefit from a new innovation with tangible community benefits.READ MORE
3 August 20
In honour of Peter Langworthy, HVIA Past President and industry leader, the Future Leader Award is in recognition of Peter’s long-standing commitment to the mentoring of young people and supporting their development to leadership roles.READ MORE
20 July 20
HVIA’s Safety Innovation Award is a dual stream award that recognises members who have implemented a new product or system in their workplace, which has made that site or their business safer. The award also recognises members who have designed or manufactured a piece of equipment, component, technology or another safety solution that makes the heavy vehicle industry safer.READ MORE
15 July 20
The Product Innovation Award recognises HVIA members who have designed and utilised new technology or built an innovative product to address the growing road freight task. The award recognises products and services that provide innovative technological solutions for new and existing market needs.READ MORE
19 November 19
The heavy vehicle industry’s appetite for innovation was quenched at the 2019 HVIA Gala Awards Dinner held at South Brisbane’s Emporium Hotel on Friday night.
Assistant Minister for Road Safety and Freight Transport Scott Buchholz MP praised the quality nominations competing for HVIA’s suite of awards.
22 October 18
Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia celebrated its Southern Region Awards event on Friday night, including the inaugural presentation of three new awards.
Against a stunning backdrop across Docklands to Port Phillip Bay, the cocktail event was presented by HVIA key partner National Transport Insurance and TruckAssist, at the Victorian headquarters of HVIA insights partner, KPMG.
Special …READ MORE
11 July 18
The Australian heavy vehicle industry’s capacity to provide innovative solutions for the road transport task will be acknowledged and celebrated by the industry’s national association, Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) with a suite of leadership and innovation awards launched today.
HVIA Chairman Nathan Usher says the new awards reinforce and uphold HVIA’s vision of an …READ MORE