The Department of Infrastructure is currently hosting fortnightly webinars with key industry peak body representatives to address queries about the operation of the Road Vehicle Standards legislation now it has been fully implemented.
The Department is publishing the resulting questions and answers,for the benefit of all stakeholders.
You can visit the webinar webpage here for answers to many of your questions; if you have something else you need answered, make sure you talk to Greg or Paul from the HVIA Policy team.
A sample of the questions posed (and answered) so far:
- For opt-ins, what is the difference between application submission, commencement, receipt of confirmation letter from DITRDC and date we can add to the RAV?
- Why have we been advised that “ Your first annual levy for T/F approval is due for payment etc., after first being advised this fee will be waived?
- Can the non-RAV entry import approval decision notice be expanded to clearly state the conditions of the approval? It is currently very generic.
- Why do applicants not receive an email notification to show that an agent has applied for an import approval on their behalf?
- Why can’t draft applications be deleted?
- Why do images need to be supplied for SEVs applications?
- Why do RFI emails have no reference to the client or CRE number?
- This will be fixed with the next release of ROVER.
- Is FEA software analysis conducted in-house by TB manufacturer an acceptable ADR62 (eg. drawbar) evidence for TB approval application?
- What is the current status of the ADR Administrator circulars?
To what extent (if any) does the RAV submission payment process delay the lodgement of the RAV entry?
- Why is a ROVER account essential to obtain RAV Org & Submitter IDs (as inferred in the RAV Guide)?
Model Reports are a new tool that have been introduced by the Road Vehicles Standards Act to assist in demonstrating…Previous Article