The NHVR are moving all regulator services and functions into a common platform – providing one location for regulator service delivery.
The first phase of digitising PBS enables all applications to be submitted through the Portal by using either online forms or a spreadsheet submission tool.
This will mean:
- Application submission efficiencies for all involved.
- Choice of using the online form or spreadsheet submission to suit your business needs.
- The ability to track the status of your cases.
The NHVR has been working with many of you to ensure the system is reliable, fit for purpose, and to provide confidence in these new solutions. To ensure the benefits of these improvements are utilised, the email channel has now been turned off since the new release.
As this is the first phase in the NHVR’s journey towards a central platform, they will continue to keep you involved and updated with changes as they occur.
During these transition phases they have extra support available for you to assist with the transition.
Benefits of PBS in the Portal:
- More efficient for assessors and certifiers – reduce duplication, provides in built validation, in built support and makes it easier to submit applications without concerns over email size.
- Improve efficiency of the NHVR PBS team.
- Increased transparency in case processing.
- Digital records will enable data analysis and assist in removing inconsistencies allowing this industry data to become a tool to inform and improve.
- Signals a move towards automation of some approval steps – we recognise that there is often a need to repeat steps multiple times and aim to develop a tool that delivers consistent results that establish confidence and trust allowing removal of further repetitive processes.
- Provides a consistent experience – one regulator, tool and data collection.
- Assists in getting vehicles on the road faster, allowing improved outcomes for industry.
- Open data – APIs. NHVR data and services are visible to enable industry use and development, improved planning.
- 28 January 2021 – All-in Stakeholder update
- 29 January 2021 – PBS in our Portal, new spreadsheet and new APIs for PBS go live
- 1 February 2021 – Old email channel decommissioned
- April 2021 – Next major release aims to replace the remaining Word and PDF documents with the Portal and smart spreadsheet tools
The Department of Infrastructure has added functionality to the Component Type Approval sections of the Road Vehicle Regulation (ROVER) system…Previous Article
The NHVR has released a discussion paper on the transition arrangements for implementing the new deemed to comply provisions for…Next Article