Well, it’s been a while since we’ve been able to host an HVIA golf day, however based on the success of last week’s HVIA Royal Pines 9-hole Teams Shootout, it won’t be something that falls off the calendar again in any hurry. What a great afternoon!
The event was held last Wednesday, as a curtain-raiser to the ATA’s Trucking Australia ’22 conference, which opened that evening at The Star – Gold Coast.
The Ambrose golf format means that every competitor is in the mix, no matter their experience or talent wielding a club. That proved to be the perfect formula – producing the ideal mix of quality tee-to-green play, and hits and giggles.
Were the impressive performances landing longest drives and nearest pins any more important than the ridiculous quest to hit a marshmallow the farthest from the 1st tee? It’s hard to say.
A huge thanks to all of the event’s sponsors, led by the inimitable NTI and Truck Assist. A full list of those great and generous contributors is below.
The prize winners are also listed below, but hats off to the Holmwood Highgate team, who took out the major prize with an amazing nett score of 6 under par.
Thanks to all the players who were there to enjoy the spectacular RACV Royal Pines championship course, the sunshine and great company.
Congratulations to the winners
Overall Winning Team: Holmwood Highgate Team
- Richard Baughan (Holmwood Highgate)
- David Mellish (Holmwood Highgate)
- Michael Mellish (Holmwood Highgate)
- Wade Mellish (Holmwood Highgate)
NAGA: Precision Automotive Team
- Geoff Buswell (Iveco Group)
- Michael Griffin (Precision Automotive)
- Robert Reeves (Precision Automotive)
- Paul Standley (Iveco Group)
Most Enthusiastic Team:
- Mark Dudman (Driverisk)
- Greg Harmes (Global Accreditation)
- Kelvin Nicholson (LSM)
- Ranjeet Singh (Transecopl)
Best Dressed Team: Holmwood Highgate Team
Loudest Shirt: Geoff Smith (Barnes Auto Co)
NTI Marshmallow Drive: Sergio Carboni (Penske)
Chevron Finance Closest to the Pin: Michael Mellish (Holmwood Highgate)
Air Brake Corporation Longest Drive: Richard Baughan (Holmwood Highgate)
Holmwood Highgate Crazy Club: Bob Martin (Jost)
Prime Creative Media Longest Drive: Craig Carmody (NTI)
Volvo Closest to the Pin: Kelvin Nicholson (LSM)
Precision Automotive Approach Shot: Marcus Coleman (Tiger Spider)
Special thanks to our event sponsors
- NTI and Truck Assist – Australia’s leading specialist insurer. With over 50 years of experience in the insurance industry, NTI is the specialist you can count on to protect your assets.
- Air Brake Corporation– Australia’s leading supplier of quality air and electronic brake control systems and components.
- Chevron Equipment Finance – Great deals on truck loans and low doc equipment finance.
- Holmwood Highgate – Recognised as a world leader in the design and manufacture of bulk liquid storage and transportation systems.
- Penske Australia – Distributors of Western Star Trucks, MAN Truck & Bus, and Dennis Eagle, as well as diesel engines, gas engines, and power systems, from MTU, Detroit, and Allison Transmission, with related parts and service support.
- Precision Automotive Equipment – specialists in the supply, distribution and service of premium automotive workshop equipment.
- Prime Creative Media | Big Rigs – Australia’s largest business-to-business publisher, including leading commercial road transportation sector publications.
- Volvo Group Australia – One of the world’s leading and innovative manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines.
- Wahoo – Full service marketing agency delivering end-to-end advertising & marketing communications solutions.
Interested in sponsoring future HVIA events? Contact email@example.com or 07 3376 6266 to find out more.
Do your Tool Box Talks feel like a chore? Are your workers engaged when you talk to them? The National…Previous Article
This week HVIA’s LITE Project steering committee met with the QTLC and the authors of their report “Addressing barriers to…Next Article