The Product Innovation Award recognises HVIA Members who have designed and utilised new technology or built an innovative product to address the growing road freight task.
Freight transport plays a significant role in the Australian economy. Road is the predominant mode of transport for urban, inter-urban and regional freight. The domestic freight task increased 50% in the 10 years to 2016 and is forecast to grow another 26% by 2026 (Who Moves What Where, NTC 2016).
Freight productivity benefits other transport system users by reducing the number of vehicles on road, increasing safety by reducing accident exposure risk for other road users, and reducing noxious and greenhouse emissions per unit of freight moved.
The HVIA Productivity Innovation Awards recognise products and services that provide innovative technological solutions for new and existing market needs.
The Product Innovation Award is an employer nominated award. To meet the Award criteria, the nominee must:
- Be a financial HVIA member company up to date with members dues;
- Wholly owned branches and subsidiary companies of the HVIA primary member can nominate’
- Must be able to highlight how the nomination is innovative;
- Must be able to demonstrate that it has been implemented in the past two years or is currently in use;
- The innovation must have resulted in a positive change that can be demonstrated through the judging criteria; and
- The nomination must be signed off by the HVIA Primary Member Contact and a member of
- the Executive or Leadership team of the Member company.
Nomination Submission Questions
- What is the Product Innovation? (Originality)
- What impact has the innovation had on the business?
- How transferable is the solution to other branches of the business?
- What level of consultation or engagement (internal or external i.e. staff, customers, suppliers) was undertaken to implement the innovation?
- How effective has the innovation been in increasing productivity in the freight industry?
Nominees are encouraged to accompany their submission with a video, photos or other supporting material, which assists in answering the above questions to assist the judging panel.
Judging Criteria Weighting
- Originality (20)
- Effectiveness of the innovation (10)
- Impact on the business (10)
- Consultation and Engagement (5)
- Transferability (5)
- Total 50 points
Regional and national winners will be announced at the HVIA Gala Awards Dinner held in Brisbane on Friday 20th November 2020.
The regional winners and the national award winner will receive a certificate, recognised by HVIA at the Gala Awards Dinner and their names will be publicised in all available platforms, including an editorial in one of Bauer Media Group’s magazines.
Nominations close on 21 August 2020
HVIA National Awards news
16 October 20
HVIA’s Community Leadership Award recognises Members which have engaged positively with the community either directly by undertaking community engagement, education, or some other community support initiative, or indirectly, whereby the community gains a benefit from a new innovation with tangible community benefits.READ MORE
3 August 20
In honour of Peter Langworthy, HVIA Past President and industry leader, the Future Leader Award is in recognition of Peter’s long-standing commitment to the mentoring of young people and supporting their development to leadership roles.READ MORE
20 July 20
HVIA’s Safety Innovation Award is a dual stream award that recognises members who have implemented a new product or system in their workplace, which has made that site or their business safer. The award also recognises members who have designed or manufactured a piece of equipment, component, technology or another safety solution that makes the heavy vehicle industry safer.READ MORE
15 July 20
The Product Innovation Award recognises HVIA members who have designed and utilised new technology or built an innovative product to address the growing road freight task. The award recognises products and services that provide innovative technological solutions for new and existing market needs.READ MORE
19 November 19
The heavy vehicle industry’s appetite for innovation was quenched at the 2019 HVIA Gala Awards Dinner held at South Brisbane’s Emporium Hotel on Friday night.
Assistant Minister for Road Safety and Freight Transport Scott Buchholz MP praised the quality nominations competing for HVIA’s suite of awards.
22 October 18
Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia celebrated its Southern Region Awards event on Friday night, including the inaugural presentation of three new awards.
Against a stunning backdrop across Docklands to Port Phillip Bay, the cocktail event was presented by HVIA key partner National Transport Insurance and TruckAssist, at the Victorian headquarters of HVIA insights partner, KPMG.
Special …READ MORE
11 July 18
The Australian heavy vehicle industry’s capacity to provide innovative solutions for the road transport task will be acknowledged and celebrated by the industry’s national association, Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) with a suite of leadership and innovation awards launched today.
HVIA Chairman Nathan Usher says the new awards reinforce and uphold HVIA’s vision of an …READ MORE